Mount Dora PreThanksgivingDay Ride
Looking to do a new route in a new location that’s within driving distance with some of your favorite cyclists?
Seminole Cyclists are heading to Lake County for a preThanksgiving Day ride - Wednesday November 24th. Starting from Adrenaline Bike Works at 8am, we'll take in a 42mi lakeside scenic route through Mount Dora and neighborly Tavares countryside. We will have a SAG stop at mile 17ish at Wooten Park - 100 E Ruby St, Tavares, FL 32778-3823. If you didn't want to take in the full 42mi route, this is a good point to head back to the bike shop. Towards the back end of the ride we will experience a cycling landmark - 'Thrill Hill'. Then finish up back at the bike shop.
We will be joining local ‘Live It’ celebrity Tracy Draper and her Cycling Mount Dora crew. Depending on attendance, we may have two marshaled groups - 19-21mph and a slightly slower group of 18-20mph. Regroup points and Sprint zones will be announced at each stopping point - in this way we'll keep it exciting and keep everyone together for the rides duration.
If you have done one of our Green Mountain Trailhead rides in Clermont- This ride will follow a similar format.
After the ride - we can order food for delivery (or pickup) and hang out at Adrenaline Bike Shop - they have a shop bar, picnic tables and great outdoor seating.
Our route is in Strava and RidewithGPS as 'MtDoraPreTurkeyRide'. Download for turn-by-turn on the route.
Special Instructions for the Mt Dora PreThanksgivingDay Ride:
1) For safety, we will subdivide into different pace groups of 10-12. We will stay in the right side of the lane so that motorists can see around us and pass us.
2) Use posted route above, download it - or if you are a Strava user, just 'Use Route' on your cell app. It will give you turn-by-turn instructions.
3) Should someone have a mechanical, let’s have 3-4 others stay back with them to pull them back into the group.
4) We will roll from Adrenaline Bike Works at 8:00am. Restrooms will be available from 7:30-8:00am.
5) We have a Rest Stop at Wooton Park (halfway into the ride) and a very nice lady named Ann who is managing it for us. Should you wish to leave a little “thank you” tip with her that would be just fine.
6) After the ride we will converge on ABW! They have a beer / wine / canned spirits bar and we can order lunch from various local establishments to have delivered (or we can go pick up). There are picnic tables inside and outside ABW for our dining pleasure.
7) There will be an Open Pace group of 21+. Next, a B group of 19-21mph on flats, then a B- group of 16-17mph on flats and a C group (if needed). Each group will have a Cycling Mount Dora leader to help out.
8) Regroup points and sprint zones will be discussed with the groups at the beginning of each segment.
P.S. Over 45 Seminole Cyclists have already registered to ride and that is not including Cycling Mount Dora's crew! Going to be a very fun ride! You don't want to miss....
#premiercentralfloridacyclingclub #architecturalcustomfinishes #bicikletabikeshop #jayconnorsphotography #injuryassistancelaw #hooplaballoons #beardedbikedoc #williamscompany #melbernsteinteam #davidsworldcycles